In some parts (perhaps all) of Japan there are efforts under way to fight terrorism. For example:
- They have sealed off the vending machines at the Noda and Kashiwa train stations. (Noda, in case you are wondering, is a tiny station. In fact, there is almost no station: it just has a few ticket machines, and 3 ticket gates... no shops or anything.)
- They have sealed off all the coin lockers.
- They have sealed off the few remaining rubbish bins.
- There are people walking around with arm bands who look at you in a strange way.
- There is a huge banner in Kashiwa that says in big letters "FIGHT TERRORISM".
- There are posters everywhere which ask people to please call the police if they see anything suspicious. There are images of masked robbers on these posters, which are labelled "terrorists".